Good Lens Or Cameras?

brokendeck

Does anyone know of a good camera I can get to take pics with?
I currently have a Nikon CoolPix P60. With this camera you cant zoom in to close or it gets to blurry and you cant see anything. Does anyone have this camera or know a good lens I could get for it?
Ive had this camera for awhile now, just wondering if I needed to get another camera or a certain lens they make for this camera. I know nothing about cameras and any help would be great. Thanks

dgon27

I have a Canon PowerShot SD880 IS Digital ELPH 10.0 Megapixel
It has an Aquarium and Underwater "not that it can go underwater" Setting. Take a look at my other posts. All pics are taken with this camera.

scsinet

The coolpix does not have interchangeable lenses.
You need a digital SLR and add Macro lens to it. I'll warn you, this setup is not cheap. A decent SLR body (that comes with a standard "everyday shooting" lens) will cost $600-2000, depending on resolution and features, and a good Macro lens will cost about $500. Even the $600 kits would be fine for casual shooting of an aquarium.
I am a Canon fan myself, something basic like the Rebel XS or XT would probably be just fine for you. With the addition of a good USM Macro and a decent SD memory card, the whole shebang will cost about $1200. Not a bad price for that setup.

jackri

It's all about how much you want to spend on one.... kind of like set ups for saltwater ;)

scsinet

You could try a point and shoot with a macro setting... some have it... not sure if the coolpix does though.

acrylic51

Originally Posted by RobN70
http:///forum/post/3033955
Canon 5d mark II and 70-200L f2.8
Excellent choice....I'm a Canon fan myself....just broke down and bought the 40D.....It takes incredible pics, but still learning as I go.....