Good News

mal

Today while eating dinner, I saw my bubble tip looked kinda funny. He was really stretched out along the rock work, and looked kinda funny. I looked a bit closer and saw there was a very large disc area and no foot under the whole thing. It split! Now I have two! I had noticed it had not been eating as well lately and looked smaller, now I know why. How cool, I've only had it about three months. It is a great color too. The foot is bright pink-red and the disk and tentacles are light green. Now my two maroons have their own! I love this hobby!

vkesu

How neat! I hope mine does also someday. How often do you feed yours? Mine decided to take up residence where my anchor was, so anchor has moved to other side of tank. I'm setting up new reef for my anemone in a couple of months. What do you have w/your maroons? I want a gold striped.

mal

VkeSu, I have 2 gold striped maroons, one really big now and the other small. Others are marine Beta, hippo tang, 2 firefish and a green chromis. assorted snails, hermits, emeralds, shrimps. I feed the anemones about every other day. Usually one silver side or a krill, both soaked in zoe. Corals get the same but less frequent.
NM reef, haven't got a name for them yet. Clowns are Simone and Sipowitz, NYPD Blue. :D
[ December 28, 2001: Message edited by: mal ]