Good Or Bad Idea?????????????

amadent

I am planning to finish my 72 bow as a reef. I have a shark pic enclosed. Can I use him?. Right now I have hermits, turbos, 5 damsels, 1 marron clown and a koran angel, and two pepermint shrimp. I plan to put anenomes sponges and aquascaped rocks, and a FEW more fish. Is the shark a good or bad idea

fedukeford

What kind of shark is that? it looks like a freshwater shark. Most sharks dont do good in reefs because they can knock over rock/coral, and eat most inverts, i think angels also pick at their eyes but im not 100% sure

amadent

fudukeford. I'm not quite sure what kink of shark or cat it is. My wife liked it so we bought it about 10 months ago.

lion_crazz

That is a brackish cat shark. It would be a bad idea in a reef tank because they do get about 10-12 inches and will begin knocking things over.
The koran angel will also get too large and begin nipping at corals and sponge also.

amadent

lion crazz , thanks for the info. Well now I know why the cat is growing so quickly. Maybe I can find a home for them. I'm trying to take my time this time around. These two guys were part of my of ( still up and running 29). Is there any place reference material for reef stocking?