Good or bad skimmer?

nissan577

they are selling it to me for $100. is it good price and a good one? or bad? and what pump would i need?

viper12775

the berlin skimmers suck i got one about 5 years ago "the turbo version" and it never preformed like they said it did then i got a used euroreef rs80 for $100 and it pulled more in a week than the brelin did the whole time i had it and i just sold my berlin with the turbo pump for $50 dont get ripped off paying $100 for that one without a pump if you need an ok skimmer for around $100 get the eshops skimmer there not as good as the euroreef but i dont think you can get more bang for the buck from any other skimmer

stanlalee

mediocre at best (a cut or two above a seaclone) and certaintly not worth $100. its been years since they have been out in that old configuration (they do have a newer model out that looks to be halfway decent). considering how long that skimmer has been in production that could be a 6 or 7yr old skimmer. probably worth $50 at best.

kaingers

I don't know much about Berlins, but I would not put them in the same class of skimmers as a seaclone. I have had a seaclone for 2 years and it had done just great on my 30 gal. Would I run a seaclone on a 50+ gallon tank... hell no! but they are quality for their style and price (used)

scsinet

I agree with stan. Mediocre skimmer at best.
I used to run one of these, and I later bought another for $35 used. I've since gotten rid of both of them. They are incredibly difficult to clean and they require an enormous amount of pump power to drive them.
If you've got an extra $100 laying around, invest in an Octopus instead.