Good Powerheads

sea n life

hello i have a 75 gallon reef and im gonna add another powerhead what do you guys find to be the best for the money thanks again everyone oh im looking at the hydor koralia is the 1200 to much?

salt210

some people are also using the mj series ph's and modding them. i think that the #4 might be too much, but wait to see what others say

jaymz

I have a koralia #3 and a modified Maxi Jet 900 in my 75g. That makes for 2065gph its not too much at all. If you have corals you need alot of flow. A koralia #4 will be fine. BUT i would do more than one PH so you canhave them postioned differently creating more than one direction of flow.
I guess the real question is how much flow do you have already?

sea n life

well i have two mj 1200 behind my rockwork blowing at each other so theres no dead water behind live rock and a 680 gph comming from my sump but i want another one blowing into the stream from the sump to create turb if that makes since to you so i just dont know which one to get

spiderwoman

I have 2 Koralia #4's and 1 Koralia #3 in our 75 reef and I don't think it's too much flow at all. Then there is overflow nozzles coming from the sump so that adds some too.