good swf store around schaumburg ill?

dr gonzo

anyone live in the northwest subburbs? im looking for a swf store that is very knowlageable i cant be going to thses big chain stores anymore

scotts

Have you tried looking it up in Yahoo yellow pages? That is what I do when I am going to go a new city and know I will have an hour or so to kill. It is truly hit or miss but at least you can see what is out there.

rabbit_72

Sorry, I am in Wisconsin, so not much help to you. The hubby and I checked out the classifieds and yellow pages. We finally found out about the best one in the Northwoods from hubby's cousin! We had already started in the hobby before we found them If we would have found them first, we would have been much better off.
Of course if you ever need something else, like advice, just come here first, before making purchases or making changes to your tank. That way you get lots of opinions when you buy. And SWF.com has good prices on fish. I haven't checked out prices on dry goods yet.

reefer545

I live in the loop, but grew up in the NW suburbs. there are few real close the area. I cant give you exact directions as I have forgotten them, but google it or yellow pages can help. Ones that I can tell you about are a bit further. Living Seas Aquarium in Park Ridge, take 90 south to Cumberland. Go East on Cumberland, Right on Devon and youre there. Ocean Design Aquarium is on Irving Park road at Central. It is easiest to tak e 90 to Irving Park and go west for about 3 miles.
Old Town Aquarium is at North and Wells downtown here in Old Town. 90 south to North Ave. go East until Wells and turn right. Its on the right about 1/2 a block down. All are pricey, but have great selection usually and typically great knowledge.
Good luck.

dawman

Not sure if you have been to Aquarium Adventure and Beyond The Reef in Hoffman Estates , they seem to have good healthy fish, corals , and knowledge . They are on the southwest corner of Rosele and Golf Rd . I take a trip up there every few weeks .

dr gonzo

ya i do like them but theyare the lfs that steered me the wrong way tilli made buddys with dotty brady and brian they are the only 3 who know what they are talking about
i live 1 1/2 blocks from there
actually if you go today theu have an amazing selection of fish they usually dont have
have you ever seen a dragon wrasse pretty cool

dawman

Yeah , nice fish . I don`t know any LFS that hasn`t steered me wrong one time or another . They can`t know it all . I know the owner of a LFS by me and always has a hard time finding knowledgeable people to hire .

reefer545

Advanced Aquatics is good, Ive been there. I actually got my Frogspawn there. It has since doubled in heads. Over a year ago.

dr gonzo

Originally Posted by blenny1
If your more into corals try advanced aquatics on roselle rd

where on roselle road i live right off of bode which i like 1 light away from aquarium adventure