good tank prices?

3m

the office i work for has decided to add a tank but the gentleman who owns the firm wants me to research where to get good deal on tanks. He's looking for a 200gal. I know some of you have some good leads on tanks that size so how about some help?

birdy

Really you are very limited on finding tanks out there.
I personally wouldn't buy a tank from a lot of the companies out there that have cheaper tanks. Just look at places like glasscages warranty and their records.
My opinon is go with the companies that have been around a long time, make good tanks and have good warranties. Like Oceanic, All-Glass, perfecto.
Now if your boss wants something custom with starphire glass, and lots of holes for custom flow then there are a couple places I can recommend but for a simple 200gallon you are better off going through a LFS and getting a name brand tank.

maxalmon

we have a local, scumball manufacturer who sells tanks at .50 per gallon. Trust me, anyone who has experience knows that $100 bucks for a 200g tank will be a nightmare,...Never, ever buy a cheap glass tank.... talk the guy into buying an Oceanic Reef Ready tank or All-Glass brand tank

3m

I guess i should have worded it as, he's looking for a good tank at a fair price. we dont have much to choose from around here in way of LFS, your basic ***** and petsmart and a few scattered mum and dad places. Also been looking through the classifieds but have only seen a few here and there

fuppets

Any of the stores local to you should be able to order an oceanic or all-glass aquarium for you. Ask around to see which one will give you the best price. Offer to pay in full when they make the order, this will be all profit for them. They will not have to stock, store or assemble your order. The mom and pop stores would probably make you the best deals. The chain stores probably will have a this is the price and that is that attitude.