Good Tankmates For Sharks?

roadie996

my LFS has a lagoon with 2 cat sharks and about 15-20 rays, a wrasse (not sure of the type) and a few pretty big damsels. I'd say, if you have the space for them, a ray or an eel would be fine.

latinlord

honestly... my sharks have tons of tankmates... but i love to break all the rules... i guess... still my shark doesn't mind b/c he just chills in his cave all day...
I got a tang, puffer, blue chin and i'll be adding a couple angels soon and a large maroon clownfish if i ever find one big enough...haha
Although some puffers may pick on your shark.. if you get the shark first, you should be ok and if your shark is a decent size.

no offense latinlord, but just because it worked for you does not mean it will work for everyone. putting a puffer or trigger in with a shark runs a huge risk of the puffer or trigger chewing the sharks fins off, again no offense

crypt keeper

angels arent any better. I almost feel like that shark hides all the time because he gets picked on.
Lion fish dont make bad tankmates. I have many tanks work with them.

john harlan

my lfs had a 700 gallon full of sharks and rays a harliquen tusk wrasse spanish hog and a bumble be grouper and had to take everything but the sharks and rays because the sharks kept attaking the other fish.