Good Timers?

gdleader

Anyone know of good timers? I have two Aqualight Power Center (Dual) and they suck! both of them have gone bad in less than 4 months

gdleader

went to Lows and couldnt find anything with triple pins...sheesh I guess I should go to home depot and find something (hopefully)

scsinet

Lowe's is where I got mine.
The ones I have are from Intermatic, it's an astronomical digital timer. I don't remember the model, but they were about 20 bucks each.
They have one for about half that, but the reason I like these is that they can be programmed for seperate daily, MTWTF, Weekend, etc settings. I have my lights set up to come on a couple hours earlier on the weekends so I can enjoy my tanks for more time. It also allows for a whole bunch of cycles per day, so if you are running pumps or whatever you have that flexibility.
Supposedly they are astronomical too so they can follow sunrise/sunset times throughout the year, but I have yet to try that feature.
I looked on their web site and I don't see them there, so maybe they don't have them in your area?? Regardless, I am SURE they carry 3 wire timers of some type.

gdleader

I got the coralife both digital and the dual....they're both crap....what a joke and waste of money that was....if I knew they were this bad I wouldnt even bother....I got exactly 6 wires and 3 needs the 3 pin connector and two the normal two pins. I did see a digital timer at lowes, but they were closing so I didn't have much time to look, but I will deff. go there and look at them!

gdleader

coralife timers are a joke seriously, I have 2 and both are different and they both went bad right after another and they arn't even near water or each other. POS if you ask me...I'm just going to get single timers on two different expanders.

sign guy

coralife dose not make there own timmers eather one. I have one of each the digital and the pins. my pin is working fine but the digital kaput after 4 months and is now just a power strip

gdleader

went to home depot and bought four timers $10/each man these are so much easier and they got lifetime warrenty. A lot of people said they were good.

earlybird

I like the digital that has a built in rechargable battery. This one is nice b/c you plug into the top and not the side taking up less space.