Goodbye Butch

kablamo

Well, after 3 months on this board I have read my fair share of
Threads about our fishy friends passing on, and I've read many people saying "sorry for your loss" and here's my first one..
I'm so totally bummed out, I tried everything to get the little guy to eat, but to no avail.
I don't know what else to say,
rest in peace butch, I will miss you...

kablamo

It feels weird to bump something like this, but its his tombstone, I feel like someone should write an epitaph or something

wocka

aww he looks like a cute little fellow. i bet he brought alot of personality to ur tank zooming around with the BUTCH. all good things must come to an end

bigarn

Old fish never die---They just swim away.
Probably to Bang's Lagoon! :D

Just trying to cheer ya up a little. Sorry for your loss.

metmike

hey man i have one of the same fish they really do have a personally of there own sorry for the loss
:nope:

sergeant

My condolences to you my friend. I have one of this guys and is not a easy fish to keep. When is feeding time I have to make sure that he get his share or he will starve to death. Again Im sorry for your loss.

kablamo

Thank you for your kind words and your nice decorations on my little friends E- tombstone, After I found him, I netted him out and put him in on a first class one way ticket on porceline airlines.
Laughter really is the best medicine, so here goes, I didn't know my toilet went to bangs lagoon...

zoe

I'll say it again, since some idiot moderator deleted my post. I'm sorry that you lost the little guy.

debbie g

My little lawnmower is the most fun fish in the tank. I'm really sorry you lost yours. Mine was also quite skinny when I got him and I worried he would die. But I guess luckily for him I had a nasty algae breakout and he ate it and continues to eat like a maniac and has become quite fat. If you want to get another fish that has a lot of personality and doesn't require algae to eat, I'd like to suggest a pearly jawfish. Mine rearranges shells around his home and picks up and spits out sand to decorate. Really cute guy. But again, I'm sorry your little buddy died.

T

tizzo

Me too!!!!
I lost mine too!! I literally LOST him though... One day he up and was nowhere to be found.
I understand...

wocka

i was gonna get one the other day for my 22g.. but i wasnt sure if i could give him a good home. i have some algae that he could eat, but it would probly run out in a few weeks..
i was looking into a jawfish too, what do they eat?

debbie g

The jawfish eats blood worms, mysis shrimp, formula one, and brine shrimp. I suppose when I try some other foods, he'll eat them too. :yes:

debbie g

Hey Tiz, how long has he been awol? I'm asking cause I find mine in the strangest places...the little hole above the power head, (he sleeps there) behind the heater...etc.

wocka

what are bloodworms? i keep hearing it but never seen them or know what they are. they said my maroon would only eat brine but he eats pellets on a daily basis, would it be possible to get the jawfish to eat pellets?