Gorgonian Under Attack???

sdascher

Gorgonian under attack??? Maybe... It appears to be missing some little polyps off of the ends of some branches all of a sudden!! This beauty is a new addition to one of my 125 gal. tanks and has only been living with us for one month. It has been doing well until yesterday. It still looks very healthy. I do however have 2 or 3 suspects.... #1. Yellow Lemonpeel angel, #2, sailfin tang and the possibility of maybe the shrimp??. I have not noticed these 3 suspects nipping at the tree/branch, but they are the only two that are "nippers" in the tank.
Opinions please!! Is this a normal thing with gorgonians when there are fish in the tank??
There are Caulerpa plants in the tank and the fish are feed 3 times per day. Small amounts of various food - meat (zooplanton & shrimp) plus some good veg.
Small Sailfin Tang, Med. Lemonpeel Angel, 2 Red 3"Fairy Wrasse, 3 Blue/Green Chromis, 4 Ocellaris Clowns, 2 Scotter Blenny's, 3 Peppermint Shrimp and 2 brittle Stars.
Thanks in advance for any information.

jonthefb

what color are the actual polyps on the gorgonian because if they are any color other than brown the are non-photosynthetic, and need to be feed ample and often. most gorgonians perish in captivity, however the ones with darker polyps that are photosynthethic do seem to do better. anyhow good luck, and maybe keep your eye on the gorg at night, to see if you might have anythign else nipping at it!
good luck
jon

sdascher

Is orange - I feed it Phytoplankton, but it seems to like the zooplankton better?? So I spray it with both...... I am trying to add a pic..... for some reason, it will not let me attach a picture, no matter how small I crop it!! Oh well, its orange & pretty.
Thanks for the advice, it may not be getting enough food, although I make sure that its feed once a day, the other feedings is how much the current sprays into it, mostly zooplanton.