Gorilla glue REALLY safe?

puffer32

I need somethig to glue small pieces of rubble to larger LR, but i am afraid it will hurt my fish.

acrylic51

Yeah super glue would work.....Don't know about Gorilla Glue??? The stuff is amazing and bonds to anything like cement, but not sure I'd chance it inside my tank though

puffer32

I have afew mushrooms on small pieces of rubble that i am trying to glue to larger rocks, and when i try super glue gel, it holds for awhile but eventually fall off. I was hoping for something stronger like gorilla glue to use. It will bond to rock even when wet, but not sure if its reef safe :notsure: Anyone ever use it???

sweetdawn

i have never used it but on the warning it says may be fatal if swallowed would make me nervous to put in my tank

crazy4reefs

i wouldnt chance using gorilla glue in your tank. at my lfs they have an epoxy that is used to attach frags to rock, the stuff is really strong and holds well. it comes in a tube and you just cut off a piece and work it with your fingers until it turns white. then you apply it where you want hold it in place for a little bit and within 20 minutes its set. of course it will still be white and look kinda out of place if its in view but in time it will get covered with coraline (ok just cant spell that word ). if you ever decide you what to move something you attached with the epoxy you can break it loose with a little force. i use it to keep some of my lps corals in place and some pieces of lr. i dont know the name of the stuff becasue all i have is the tube it comes in, i threw out the rest of the package. hope this helped..

puffer32

Guess i won't chance it, though on a different thread someone recommeded using it
I haven't found the epoxy for tanks at any LFS around here, guess i will just keep looking, or try super glue gel again
Thanks!

chipmaker

Just separate shroom from small frag, and pin it in place..........if your lucky any residue on frag will grow another shroom........

T

thomas712

Lots and lots of reef keepers have used super glue gel, I just used it on a leather coral a few weeks ago.
Thomas

crazy4reefs

i also use super glue when ever i frag but i find that the epoxy works better for when i want to keep lps corals in place.