Got A Blue tang today!

so i just got my small/medium sized tang today. and he ended up right next to my scopas tangs house and maroon clowns leather tree. HE is getting beat up and wont move the the other side of the tank where it is safe!!! what do i do!

nycbob

try turning the light off. how big is ur tank? its always a risk having 2 similar shaped tangs in a tank.

60 gallon. they are both small. i know people say its too small but my lfs has a set up with the same tangs so i know it can work. i hope haha

-tara33-

it may work for a couple of months, but i would deffinently upgrade soon as possible, or the aggression may continue

C

calvertbill

Originally Posted by -Tara33-
http:///forum/post/2833686
it may work for a couple of months, but i would deffinently upgrade soon as possible, or the aggression may continue
It's possible that a Zebrasoma and a Paracthurus can get along but they're still Tangs and it is a 60.
And then again there's always the X-factor. More than any other species I've ever owned, Tangs are the ones who can be as peaceful as can be and then wake up one morning and decide to beat the */#** out of every Tang in sight. Tangs need lebensraum.
And they're my favorite fishes. I'm beginning to suspect that the day is coming down the road when my 10 guys are going to outgrow my 450 (the desjardinii's pushing 7" the the Hippos are almost 5", the Yellows 4 and the 3.5" purple has just decided to shed the Casper Milktoast demeanor he's displayed since I've owned him and attack one of the yellows.

saka bra

uh oh, im starting to smell tang police soon, haha watch your back!

It would work for about 6 months until thay get bigger and more aggresive

culp

Originally Posted by saka bra
http:///forum/post/2871521
uh oh, im starting to smell tang police soon, haha watch your back!

It would work for about 6 months until thay get bigger and more aggresive
they might show up! this is a great picture of the tang police in another thread.

ninjamini

Just because the LFS does it does not mean you should. They have fish for a week or two. Not enough time to cause issues.