Got A Kole Tang!!!

S

spencers

I only have a 75 gallon but have really been wanting a Tang, so because a Kole is one of the few that usually does fine in a 75g. I finally found and purchased one. So far he is doing really well, I transported him all the way from Corvallis, Oregon to Tacoma, Washington (about 4 hours in the car)!!! But he is a trooper, and seems to be pretty happy in my tank (he was in a 10 gallon at the LFS
).

S

spencers

Koles are one of the smallest Tangs, they usually top out at 7 inches.

rbrockm1

your kole it real colorful. he should be fine in there. and yes they are at max size smaller than the yellows. i don't know if there are any smaller ones. but i would buy a small kole tang and let hiim grow into the tank.

S

spencers

Some would say there are a few other Tangs that are ok for a 75 gallon. BUT, nearly all Tangs need 6 ft. of tank to swim around in, or 120+ gallons. I would avoid putting a Yellow Tang in a 75 gallon, they do get bigger then Koles. Some people have (according to them) had success though with Yellow and other Tangs in a 75 gallon, but most (especially on SWF.com) would tell you to avoid this.
I know Koles aren't the most colorful/beautiful Tangs, but they certainly have a lot of personality imo.

S

spencers

THANKS, rbrockm1 & fishyCPA!!! Yeah fishyCPA, I do have a bit of bubble algae. I kinda like the way it looks though and it is pretty under control.