Got a new fish today

josh

Thanks,
He completed my fish list for my little tank, I just love the colors on him. I just put him in an hour or so ago and so far he hasn't even looked at the other fish. I was a bit worried about that being he is a wrasse and the biggest fish in the tank....which is why he went in last.

ryebread

Also known as a Tri-Color Fairy Wrasse.
Be careful with that guy. I kept one for about ten months and I heard him hit the top of the canopy about twice a day from him jumping around. Finally.......he found a tiny space between the ballast and canopy and hopped out. I miss that fish. :(
I thought that he might be jumping due to stress from other fish but, he was all by himself when he committed suicide. :confused:

ryebread

BTW- I have also heard of people having luck getting them to pair up with one another.
Good find.......beautiful fish. :)

josh

Yes most wrasses are jumpers :(
This weekend I am going to get some eggcrate and run it along the sides to make it more difficult to hop out.
Thanks for the comments, my ollld camera just can't truely capture the brilliant colors of this little guy.

wrassecal

WOW! great find. I love the fairy wrasses, wish I could have a tank full of them. Your tri-color is beautiful.