Got any light upgrade pics?

Im thinking of maybe finally convincing my parents to let me upgrade my lights to mh and vho hood. But it is $440 so that probably wont sit well with them. It has one 175 watt mh and two 95 watt vho.
It didnt the first time.:rolleyes: They forbid me to buy them.
And i also want an ro/di unit but that will have to wait till next holiday.
**To help convince them does anyone have any pics from when they upgraded to MH from PC.
Thanks.
Adam

I dont have pics of that but I can tell you my 3 way power compact (Daylight, Actinic, and Moonlight) on a timer is the best investment I ever made. My corals are doing so much better. $327.00 at the LFS.

humuhumu

Just got back form SF with my lighting up grade. I'll be setting it up tomorrow and I'll post some before and after pics.

Thanks waterfaller1.
At least someone seems to care. I stopped coming here cuz it seemed no one was replying. So now I stay in the shadows and look at threads that seem interesting interesting.
Does anyone have pics...I know there are but where??????

Please....
:help:
Adam

karenjo

I know what you mean about staying in the shadows. Seems a lot of people around here don't really care that much. they seem to want to fight with BeaslBob than help fellow hobbyist. I can't help but wish I could. Carole is always so nice and helpful. Very pretty lady as well.:D

harlequinnut

Originally posted by Salisbury A D
Thanks waterfaller1.
At least someone seems to care. I stopped coming here cuz it seemed no one was replying. So now I stay in the shadows and look at threads that seem interesting.

That was then, I'm sure it's much different now. I've learned so much and gotten so much information on this board that I only regrett not finding this site sooner.
I don't have pics but why don't you go to the equipment and diy forum and do a search for metal halide. I'm sure you'll find some past threads with pictures in them. HTH

I would search and i have tried the search but I hate it. It is always to vague. It either searches the entire post and gives you hundreds of replys or to little.
Anyway. I thought it would be nice post myself. I mean this is a great site, but after the first year my posts were either unanswered or all i would get was "Try the search. "
Everyone always gets a little upset about frequiently asked questions...well how often does this come up. You get to show off your tank and show the improvments you have made.
Anyway. I guess it is time for the shadows again:rolleyes:
Thanks anyway.
Adam

wyldgunz

ok here goes a few upgrade pics bear with me theres som time between them so more coral and more growth on existing coral also more rock..
The tank started out with 4X65 PC 10k/6500 atinics i just wasnt happy , nor was my coral.

wyldgunz

The PC just looked so dull not plain and with 6 months i hardly got any growth.. On the other hand ive got just a little over 8 months with the MH and its been amazing.
This is the same cup coarl as seen above under MH

wyldgunz

Another shot.. This is recent a Big change in the tank MH of course. My lighting now is Dual 250 watt HQI double ended MH with 10k Ushio bulbs and dual 110 VHO atinics.

wyldgunz

That xenia you see infesting the tank harldy grew in 4 months under PC's is over 50X its original size since i put in HD heres the original Xenia just after i installed MH its barley a spec on the rock

robchuck

WyldGunz,
I really like that coloration of your tank after the upgrade to MH. Those DE Ushios look great!