Got My 180 Today!

Hey guys,
Well, today I final got my 180. It's in my living room right now. I just wanted to thank you guys for helping me along the way, this tank has been a long time in the making, and now it's finally happening.
Thanks,
ED

leopard_babe

Congrats!!!! I just finished cycling mine last week now I am thinking of what I should stock it with. You won't believe the variety of fish you can put in a 180. There are so many choices that it is overwhelming.

Actually Tony I do have a question, can you recommend a good external pump for my 180? I was thinking either one that pumps 1800 GPH or two that pump 1000 GPH.
Thanks,
ED

tony detroit

I run a mag24, but by the time you add in all the plumbing, I wish I would have ran a mag36, I'll probably upgrade to one in the next few months.

cincyreefer

You mean to tell me that you just got a new tank and don't have any pictures yet? Come on, get on the ball! :D

vavoom

As cincyreefer stated above,
This post without pic's is worthless

Just kidding, congrats on the new tank: :happy:

haha sorry guys. I'm geting the LR from a guy who's breaking down his tank tomorrow. Once I have everything up and runing with the fish I'll put up some pics.

offshore80

Great purchase. You'll enjoy your tank I'm sure. This is the time to make sure you build it right for years of less maintenance pains. Water changes on a 180 can be a big pain. So you want a very good skimmer that performs well along with a good filter, pump and R/O system. You might want to consider a good back up plan for power outages and main pump failures. I've been through it all.
Power outage for ten days
tank failure (Oceanic)
Main pump leaking
Chiller leaking
When your dealing with a tank at that scale little things can cost a lot. I would keep a spare pump on hand and a battery back-up system that will keep your pump running at least till you get home to fire up a generator. I lose power at least 2 times a month for a couple hours due to line maintenance or upgrades in our towns system. Good luck.

aquajon

i just got a 180 last weekend and about to start setting it up, what are you running for lights over the top? i am going to use the cpr 150 overflow since the tank is not drilled. and i saw that you think the mag 36 is the pump to go with. i am going to use a old 55 gal tank under neath for my sump... any good advice you have is recomened

what i do is right click the picture, then go to open with, then select microsoft paint. (whatever you can do to get them into paint) Then go up to the top and there is an option that says Image, select then go to strecth skew, then decrease the percents from 100 to about 50, then if its still too big 25... and so on.

tony detroit

showyourphotos dot com used to have a free downloadable resizer, that's the one I use, don't know if they still offer it or not.