Got my first anemone

mryoung7

if you can post (in a new thread) what kind of anemone it is, what color & transparency it is, how many hours a day you have your lights on, what wattage your bulbs are, etc. then someone like viper should be around to help you. if not, then i could give you my best advice.
i know what you're talking about though, with the anemone moving itself to the seemingly worst possible place. i had one of those once -- always tried to squeeze himself into the tightest possible crevice. with cases like yours, i always assume that there's a reason (maybe too strong direct lighting) until all reasons have then been ruled out. if no reason can be found, then you can just shrug and hope the anemone knows what's best.

puffer32

Originally Posted by mryoung7
if you can post (in a new thread) what kind of anemone it is, what color & transparency it is, how many hours a day you have your lights on, what wattage your bulbs are, etc. then someone like viper should be around to help you. if not, then i could give you my best advice.
i know what you're talking about though, with the anemone moving itself to the seemingly worst possible place. i had one of those once -- always tried to squeeze himself into the tightest possible crevice. with cases like yours, i always assume that there's a reason (maybe too strong direct lighting) until all reasons have then been ruled out. if no reason can be found, then you can just shrug and hope the anemone knows what's best.
I just started a new thread, thanks

bacffin

Thanks for all the info folks...Good stuff.
It has been 3 weeks and the bta seems to be fine. The color has not changed much and every time I tried to put him higher on the rockwork, he moved himself down to the same level he was before. I guess this means my lighting is adequate for the species. I only feed him meaty food once a week.
The other milestone is the smaller clown has now moved in to the bta. The larger clown still has not tried. Will they both be in there at some point or is it just one clown per anemone?
Thanks,
Bruce

bacffin

The larger clown is still not interested in the anemone while the smaller one is having a ball. Is it one per clown fish?
Thanks,
Bruce

renogaw

well. be glad your anenome decided to settle down in an open spot. i just put a bubble tip in and he moved from the top of my rock, down the left side of it, and now happily planted itself inbetween two rocks. im never going to see it :(

bacffin

Yea, mine moved to the back of the tank also. I just repositioned a power head to get him to move back to the front.
Bruce

renogaw

well, mine found a home smack dab between 2 pieces of lr on the right hand side of the tank where he's not all that visible until he gets bigger.

T

timer

MrYoung. your anemone looks like mine... if i can figure out how to post a pic....