Got my first ticket

jimmy g

No offence to any law enforcers here but the cops here in villa park are extremly rude. I got pulled over today for "not having my seatbelt on" so he claims. I DID have my belt on and it just blended in with the color of my shirt so he pulled me over. I told him that i had it on all along and that he just didnt see that it was on because its the same color as my shirt. He said that he heard me put my belt on? I asked him how he could of heard that over the music that was playing on the radio and he just ignored me.... So I got a $55 ticket for having my seatbelt be the same color as my shirt!!!
Sorry just had to vent

tangman99

Hate to hear that, but it happens. I'm an ex-cop and in Florida, we could never pull someone over just for a seatbelt violation. We had to pull them over for something else like speeding and then if they were not wearing a seatbelt, you could write it up then.
To be honest, you don't have much of a chance if you show up in court and it's your word against the cops. You can take a chance and hope he does not show up in court then they will dismiss the charge. I used to not show up sometime if I thought the person was cool about the whole thing. Now if you an ass, I'd miss a playoff game to make sure I was in court.
I would even tell some people that I had to write the ticket (quotas do exist whether you want to believe it or not) but if they wanted to show up and fight it in court, I'd probably be busy that day. We used symbols or abbreviations on the tickets to remind us what we want to do if this person goes to court.
Good luck to you either way.

who dey

don't fight it you'll waste your time, spend that money on fish and corals:happy: sorry about your luck

jimmy g

and you know the sad part?.....He want even wearing his seatbelt.
Just so you know, what im saying is ALL true

tangman99

I don't doubt it, but I'm sure he is convinced he knows what he saw or heard. Heck, I get profiled at least 2 times a week coming home from work.
I travel down a two lane road to get to my house. It's rush hour traffic and there are at least 20 cars in front of me bumper to bumper. The speedlimit is 45 and that is about what the line of traffic is doing. I pass a cop (not always the same one either) at least 2 times a week coming from the other direction. Now for some reason he will pass all other cars and just before he reaches me, he instant-on's me with his radar just about everytime. Now how the heck I can be speeding without the other 20 cars in front of me NOT speeding is beyond me, but being I drive a Corvette, I get that attention.

moraym

Is it legal to pull someone over in your state for seatbelt violations? Many states you can't pull someone over for a seatbelt violation since it is hard to tell many times, especially when the vehicle is moving.

maeistero

hehe, cops pull over everyone around here for seatbelt violations. generally they do it just to check for the smell of alcohol or drug smoke. if they sense anything suspicious then they want to search your car. refusal brings the drug dogs or suspension of your license. if everything's cool then the cops never show up to court and it'll always be thrown out. they don't care here about seatbelts, only a good bust or dui.