Got my new Brazilian Dragon!

yimmy

I can only imagine if someone actually hugged it. Are you sure thats not some kind of under water rattle snake. It sure seems to be acting like one, sharkboy good luck huggin that thing.

sharkboy13

i will when my mom lets me use her razor, we dont have a digi anymore becuz SOMEBODY (aka dad) spilled a soda on it.. oh ya and i am 12 almost 13

blizz75

I have a pencil and long spine urchins and am wondering if there is anything i can feed them besides the algae on the rocks they already eat??

sharkboy13

Originally Posted by Yimmy
why would you poke it? Sharkboy how old are you, BTW post some pics of your eel.
out of question y did u wanna no my age?

blizz75

Why dont they? The lady that i asked to get him out wouldnt, she had me net him and then we had to wait till sime one came to bag it. She was a bit scared.

Acclimation seemed to go well he has found a home and is acting more normal today. The urchin is doing well too.

fish-man-t

he looks good in the tank, but not to flame you or anything,, well no what i am going to say!!!! other then that great eel good luck to you and him/her

evanish

The lfs here in Lima has maybe a 100 gallon system total and the tanks are all tiny cubes. I have to go way out of town to get anything.

blizz75

Wow that is small but this guy was in a 10g. You could always order one through them and pick it up right when it comes in :thinking:

blizz75

I got him eating scallops and shrimp today. He is amazing! He pulled all the legs off the shrimp before he ate it!
Ill post some pics when im not so lazy

yimmy

sharkboy i was wondering because everyone says something like, don't listen to him, hes just a kid. Blizz has it ever takin a go at your hand yet?

46bfinga

Originally Posted by blizz75
I hand fed him one piece and it was close but not too scary. i used a feeder stick for the rest

please dont make a habit of hand feeding.im sure you allready know this but id hate to see you get bitten one day.the last you need is the eel associating your hand with food.good luck with your eel he is very beautiful.

miamireefr

Originally Posted by 46bfinga
please dont make a habit of hand feeding.im sure you allready know this but id hate to see you get bitten one day.the last you need is the eel associating your hand with food.good luck with your eel he is very beautiful.

agreed with that above statement.... guy i talke to at an lfs thought handfeeding a yellowheaded moray was fun until it got hold of him....lets say he is a bit more keen on the idea of using a feedstick permanently...

aw2x3

Ohhh, it's not so bad.
Who do you know, that would willingly hand feed a Hawaiian Dragon?

Be careful, use common sense and you'll do just fine.