Got my order but how to acclimate multipul fish in different bags?

fishissues

well i just got my swf order in today and idk what to do since i got multipul bags and only one styrafoam container. also i got a toadstoal so how do i adjust that to my water?

alix2.0

i acclimate each bag in a seperate bucket. do you have any buckets that you use for water changes? also, its ok to just temperature acclimate corals, though dripping does help. but if youre tight on buckets it may help to just float & release.

alix2.0

i wouldnt. odds are they arent coming from the same systems, so i would just acclimate them one at a time. theyll survive a little longer in bags.

alix2.0

yeah juts rinse them out with some fresh water and wipe them out with paper towels and youll be good to go.

fishissues

what fish should i acclimate first? i got a royal gramma, the 5 dollar angel, flame cardinal, neon gobys, and i forget what type of blenny...

alix2.0

are there any that look worse than the others? i would acclimate a struggling fish first, but if they all look good i would say its really up to you. float the fish you arent acclimating in your tank to maintain temperature in the bags.

alix2.0

i usually only do about an hour and a half to two hours for fish on a fairly quick drip, and ive never had any problems, but going longer than that cant hurt.

alix2.0

just acclimate him as usual, he may bounce back. if he dies see SWF's 15 day gaurantee.
are you QTing these fish?

fishissues

i do not have a quarintine i cant afford it lol im a teen and i dont have alot of money. my dad bought this order for me as a gift

swfishy

Administrator
Staff member
All of our fish come from the same system. In theory the fish can be acclimated together.
The toadstool needs to be acclimated separately, and I recommend a drip for it also.

swfishy

Administrator
Staff member
Continue acclimating the blenny and monitor. Some fish really do not like the shipping process and will stress really badly.
I actually saw a website yesterday that says fish will suffer from Post Traumatic Shipping Disorder.
If you require more help you can call 772-462-0203 x101

fishissues

okay thanks and another question are most royal grammas jumpers? when i picked up the bag he was jumping up at my hand and when i but him in the styrophoam box he was jumping up hill and kept on getting himself stuck