Got my VORTEC!!

shrmnator

Finally, it arrives! I have been eagerly awaiting this very moment that I can take 3 MJ 1200's out of my tank to be replaced by one single pump.. that being the VORTEC by ecotechmarine!! This thing is sweet! Got it on a group order on another board for $305 shipped to my door!

The flow is incredible! I have a 4' tank and it goes all the way to one side and creates an undertow coming back the otherway! All my rocks are against the back glass and I can see flow back there too! After the group order was started (by me), a sponsor for the site gave the offer of $305 shipped.. Good luck finding it at that price for yourself though! LOL
It took close to a month after the offer ended before ecotech finally fixed one more bug and shipped them out (had nothing to do with Scott at AquariumSpecialty dot com, but people still insisted he give constant updates).. Sometimes things have to be right before they are sold, and I think that is what Ecotech had in mind!
Does anyone else on here have a Vortec? produces a TRUE 3000gph flow!! and is adjustable to be lower or all the way up using a VR KNOB (variable resistance knob to control power).. An optional piece of equipment is the battery backup.. 36 hours (i believe its 36) of un-interruptable power!! WOOHOO

acrylic51

Part of my side business....I got them from one of my suppliers and didn't actually care for them and my buddy had been eyeing them so for some work around my place he's happy with them.

shrmnator

it come with the speed controller.. im not quite sure just how many people got in on it.. ended up being a month long special from one of the sponsors.. So that was a bonus for me.. I didnt have to worry about collecting money, or distributing them or anything! I plan to get the battery backup in a month or so.. better to be safe then sorry, and a backup that will last for up to 36 hours sounds good to me! I think it goes for $150, but I could be wrong..
After removing my 3 MJ 1200's, and using just the vortec, I have noticed a 3 degree drop on the tank! Not to mention ALOT less electricity in the tank that could go stray!

shrmnator

give my good friend at AquariumSpecialty dot com a bump for takin care of me when my vortec had a major problem come up with it (ignore kids when working on tank such as weekly maintenance).. had my controller box go out when it got soaked from an overflowing container when doing a water change.. thanks again scott for the help!