Got New lights, but???

thauro77

I finnaly got my new lights for my 75gl tank
But my room is hot as hell and the temperature in the tank seems to be rising and I don't know how to control it. Does anybody knows what I can do? Here are the specs fro the light system
• Light fixture (Approx. 48“x 15“x 3“)
• Support: 2x 175W DE HQI, 4x 65W Compact Fluorescent, 6x Dual
Bluemoon LED
• Non corrosive powder coated aluminum housing
• External HQI Ballast
• Internal Compact Fluorescent Ballast
• Built-in Cooling Fan
• Tempered glass lens and acrylic lens
• Individual power cords and on/off switches
• Made in China
I will also need to know how to wirk the lights. DO have to turn on all the lights all day or only 175W HQI in the day and the Compact fluorescent in the night. Tanks for your help

fish addict

Usually people turn their compact fluorescent bulbs on about an hour before they turn on their metal halide bulbs and keep them on during the day then turn them off about an hour after the metal halides go off. I don't use my compact fluorescents because I have a 14000K bulb and don't like the tank too blue, just depends on your preference. During the night the only lights you should run are the LEDs
How how above your tank are the lights mounted? I have mine hung about 18" or so above to avoid overheating the tank but my bulb is 250w for a 45g tank so yours can be lower. You can also blow a fan across the top of the tank which will help things cool down.