got parts for sump , makeing sure i have the right idea

lately i been wanting to lower my nitrates and brighten up the looks of my tank, i decided i can take some live rock(not much) out of my main tank(20 gallon long) and make a sump
my first attempt was not a suscess(go into aquarium under"the great flood")
so here i am again going to make it work this time
on my first attempt my mistake was to use a pump to get water into my 2nd mistake a 2.5 gallon tank that was placed horizantally from the main tank
after reciveing my remora protine skimmer it makes me want to finish up the sump and have all my filteration in the now 10 gallon sump
heres my design(tell me what you think)
because im not that great at saltwater in general(at least yet) it was a pretty simple design
have an over flow box on my main tank that can do up to 600 gph have that water go into the 10 gallon sump
inside the sump keep the same filter i have right now(a skilter400) with my uv sterlizer hanging on the skilter(like on my web page)
on the other side of the same tank i would have my skimmer , then to use a rio 1400 (which will have 3 feet of head) pumping water back into the main tank
now theres only a few questions that im asking my self before i do ANYTHING
from the over flow box the tubeing that brings the water down into the sump, how do i set up the sump water supply so then the tubeing wont be streched and fall out the sump, also related to this is i seen on a few sumps where the water supply can be broken up, for instance 1 water supply then has some sort of peice attacted to it to spread the water all over giveing good surface circulation
also i know this might sound really stupid but after haveing 2 floods within 2 days of eachother i dont want another one, how exctally do i get the sump started with out over flowing the top or bottom tank?

N

nautillus

Not quite all the parts. Your need a bulkhead and a plexiglass to secure the corrugated tube into the sump. You can make a spray bar for the return water to increase surface agitation or maybe buy it at your local lfs.
[ June 02, 2001: Message edited by: Nautillus ]

what does the bulk head look like, because on my over flow, it came with all the parts i needed and some, i have 2 extra o rings and an extra plug(not needed on my model) and this peice, its like made of pvc,and looks like an L, has threding on 2 spots but on 1 of the spots the threding is only on the back of it, it sorta looks like thats the part that goes on the sump but not sure