Got rock

dogstar

Originally Posted by kzoo
Still trying new back rounds and making rocks look right. But thanks
I tryed a few in my time and settled on black. IMO, a solid black background shows the colors of livestock the best and keeps algea from growing on the back glass as much.. Paint or use the store bought stuff. Paint is best.

pyro

agreed - black background.
Also, keep in mind the biological perks of rocks as opposed to just the aesthetical ones. More rocks stabilize the tank =).
Looks good!

blitz99

first off, you dont need 1lb per gallon and i think it's a silly suggestion or rule... that leads to rock walls that are ugly, lower flow, and more dead spots.
now, i really like the island look you got going, i'd just build up those 3 island so they are bigger, but if you keep them as such it will be very cool for the fish to be able to swim around and check out the other areas.
only thing i dont like, is it looks like you have 20K on the ends and a 10K in the middle.

klaramore

you are right you do not need 1 pound per gallon. If you keep the tank stock down. the more fish you put in the more rock you should put in. my tank is overstocked I have about 250 pounds of rock and 200 pounds of sand in mine. I have 1 low flow spot in my tank.
I still think you need to turn the center light. My 2cents
Bill

dieselndix

just fyi...you can use the solid black window tinting film to put on the back of the tank...instead of painting black