Got some feather duster

flip_x

Hey guys i got this rock today with some feather dusters.. there is about 5 of them on here different colors.. what u guys think u would pay for these? so i know i didnt get ripped off =D
there are two different white ones.. a bright orange one thats hiding and a blue one.. and i cant see the other one yet..

natclanwy

They are actually christmas tree worms living on a porites coral, can't tell if the coral is alive or not. They are from the same family as common feather duster but different species. They generally have a poor survival rate in the home aquarium.
I have seen prices from $35 to $60 depending on the size.

natclanwy

Never saw one in person so I don't know how a live one is supposed to look. It looks like it might be alive but I'm not sure, does it have any tissue on it or does it just look like a coral skeleton.

culp

im not a expert but from the picture it looks like it vary well could be alive but at the same time it looks that there are dead spots. so if that is true the coral could be alive but dieing off. i would just keep looking at it each day. maybe take a couple pictures each day and after 3 or 4 days look at the pictures to see any small differences in color or any thing else.