Gotta love...

brooklyn johnny

Here you could see the green plating montipora towards the bottom of the tank... this guy started out in the kitchen for those of you who know what I mean :D ...

brooklyn johnny

The little piece of pink birdsnest is from Mr. Miyagi himself:D (aka va_reefman) and is the pinkest of the pink when settled in... Here's my piece a while back...

stuckinfla

I wonder if Santa could make it from Brooklyn (i know your not there) to Ft. Laud by Sat. :D
Brooklyn - Beautiful shots as always on your tank. Good luck on the move to your new house.
NM - Now thats something to look foward to!!!
Merry X-mas to both.

nm reef

I figured in time our friend brooklyn johnny would show up to acknowledge his part in this Christmas package. I agree...my wife needs an award and I'm sure her gifts will be equally surprising. Great to hear that you and the wife are moving into the new home. Whatever you do be sure to keep us posted on the transition to the larger reef. I have no doubt it will be a beauty.
I'd never be able to thank you enough for the amount or quality of the frags you sent. When we decided to move from the 55 to a 100 display and upgrade the lighting I had every intention of accumulating a decent amount of carefully selected SPS types. I was confident then and remain confident that the best source of SPS corals is the dedicated and experienced hobbyists out there...thank you many times over. I was sure that in time I'd be able to secure a package of frags from a fellow hobbyist and this transaction proves my confidence. Many members have offered and discussed the possibilitys...and they know who they are. Each time a hobbyists offer came up short I remained confident that in time it'd happen....I simply couldn't be more pleased and I assure you I'll do the best my limited experience can manage to raise each frag out to a size that will allow me to return the favor to another hobbyist somewhere down the road. The cost of this transaction is beside the point...the exchange of experience from you to me is beyond price...and in time I'll be able to pass on frags of my own...hopefully.
While I do appreciate the shipment and I remain pleased with the price...the best part of this whole deal is this:
Just under a year ago I set a goal to have a decent sized...established...stable aquarium that could accomodate corals like the ones pictured above. Last February I filled the new display with water...and had a vision of what I wanted...this shipment of frags completes the first years goal! In addition to the package from Johnny I've collected several very nice ORA raised frags that have done great to date...matter of fact....I just walked over and took a head count...currently I have 25 SPS types sitting in my reef...and the goal for the next 12 months is to have each double in size and flourish. That in essence is the motivation of my participation in this hobby.
Many thanks my friend...Merry Christmas to each of you.....

avbryce1

NM reef, you guys are what its all about:happy:
and brooklyn johnny I really thought you were going to win that "tank of the month" contest your tanks are an inspiration to us all