Gramma and chromis have ich

ok i know i have read about the NO ICH by fish vet but has anyone heard about formulian (Sp), it is a parasite treatment, that i can get but i do not know if it will hurt my inverts, and live rock.
I have about 60 lbs LR
1 feather duster
10 or so hermit crabs, dont really care about them,
1 perc Look fine and dones not have the spots
2 chromis
and royal gramma
if anyone has any suggestions of the treatment, with no QT tank and if i can not find NO ICH anything would be great... thanks

I just saw the info on formulin and was wondering i can get some but it is only 3% Formyaldihyde (sp) how would i get it up to 37%???
thanks

well then why is it in Beth's FAQ???
i know it can be toxic to add too much but i also know that i have used it with fresh water fish and it has worked... i know that fresh is not salt but they will not live in time to set up the tank and let it run so that the cycle does not kill them too... the clown seems to be fine and is actually maybe the cause for the ich to the other fish, i know that is it already on the fish, but he has made it break out. he seems to be chasing the chromis a little bit and that i know does not help the stress levels for the fish.

the thing is i CANTset up a QT tank, 1. No money 2. no place 3. very bad timing...
what are some of the reef safe treatments??? I will have to take care of them tomorrow since it is almost 11 here and store are not open. will garlic help the immune systems, and maybe hlp them out a little... Also why would formulin not work it does take care of parasites for fresh and salt. if I did it as the dip/bath...

robvia

You will hear many different opinions no matter where you go. I have been fighting black ich on my yellow tang. I chose, as as first try, a fresh water dip. Then a second fresh water dip. Helped short term, but ich came back. I now tried Greenex. It is malakite green. After the recomended 3 treatments, my crab is dead. I'm not sure what killed him. Probably a combination of things. For now the fish is better, but I expect that the ich will return later. If it's in your display tank, you have to kill all of it, or it will come back. A formalin bath is recommended by several people. I chose not to use it yet because it is a carcinagin and must be handled properly. I my have to try it in the future, but I will try other things first. Do not put formalin in your display tank. It should be used as a dip treatment only. Greenex and NO ICH are the reef safe treatments I have heard people have had some success with. I wouldn't count on either of them curing your problem, but they do not seem likely to cause you major problems.
If you have questions for me about what I did, I will be happy to try and help. I haven't cured my tank yet. At least I don't think I have. Only time will tell.
If you read up on Greenex you will read that it may stain your silicone seals. It did not do this to my tank. I didn't build the tank, so I do not know what sealer was used. I worried a lot before I put in the first dose. I don't think it killed my crab, but I don't know for sure. The fish have seemed OK with the treatment.
Thanks,
Rob

thanks for the encouragement... do you know where i can fine no ich by fish vet???
I am going to try the LFS first bc i know that it will be very hard to catch my fish to give the a "bath"
thanks in advance

believe me i plan on it... All i need is a small ten gal, a penguin 120, some of my substrate, and some new and a small power head, and a small 3-4 lbs of live rock to get everything in balance right???
thanks for all of the help

robvia

Read the thread at the beginning of this forum. It is recommended that your QT tank not have a substrate or live rock. Water quality is maintained with filter and frequent small water changes.
Rob

so just a little substrate from my tank in a mesh pouch would be fine then? i just know that i need to kick start my bio- filtration.