gravity feed ato any issues?

rslinger

I am thinking of build one. I was just wandering if there were any problems that's people have had with them. I have a six gallon water jug, gonna put 3/4 bulkhead and run pvc over to the return section of the sump. And half in. Hose to set water level. What do people use to hold the hose in place?

btldreef

Our setup is different, but to hold our airline hose in place we weave it through a piece of eggcrate.

rslinger

I could do that I am running it right next to some.. have you ever had a flood caused by a gravity feed system?

rslinger

Well so far so good.. no flood. If anybody would like to see how one of these works let me know and I will post pictures. I must say I was a little worried but it seems to work well. I even lowered my water level to see if it worked that way and sure did.

1guydude

id turn off the power too just to see wat it does....imo i dont trust that stuff, i top off manually!

1guydude

lol ya but when u cut the power dosent ur water rise in ur sump???? ahh i guess that wouldnt effect it much huh lol...idk

rslinger

Your right the water does come up but it shouldn't and yes I did check after thinking about it. I really didn't think that it would work this well but so far so good holds that water level right there I watched it today I would say every ten minutes it let's a few drips out then stops.