GREAT LFS in Tampa area?

hottie79

Anyone know of any really great LFS in the Tampa/ Bradenton/ Sarasota area? Mine is ok, but not real great, he had 6 yellow tangs in this tiny little cube and they were all picking on one of them :(
If you know of any, PLEASE let me know.

stoy

I have been purchasing from KD's Pets on SR70. If you go there tell them Eron from the carpet place sent you. Kevin is the owner and is a great person. Aldo Dillon and john are very cool. Hope that helps. Also check out the Gulf Coast Coral Exchange thread I started in corals if you have a reef. Also where were you going?

T

tampausmc

everyone tells me Fish and other Ichy stuff is great....supposed to be west of the Marine Warehouse. I heard it was the best in the area....I'll be heading there tomorrow and can give you some feedback on it......Marine Warehouse is a good one too.

stoy

Originally Posted by tampausmc
everyone tells me Fish and other Ichy stuff is great....

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!! No Fish Store should every have Ich in it's name LOL

Lemme know how the place is bro.

T

tampausmc

Fish and other Ichy stuff is a great store....just went there for the first time. The store isn't that big but is spotless....you won't even find a stray drop of water running down the side of a tank....the service is great....prices are great....I don't think i'll be going to any other stores in the Tampa area now. Takes me a little longer to get there but it's worth it. They had a great selection of fish, coral, inverts, etc...and they also sold really small 5 and 10 dollar frags of coral as well.....definitely happy. Also one of the only stores that actually stocks refractometers....i thought that was cool...and they don't make there own saltwater, they just sell RO water....thought was cool as well....

T

tampausmc

marine warehouse is a pretty large store due to the freshwater section and you can find just about everything you want.....you will run into a staff without any real knowledge and the prices are EXTREMELY high.....Fish and other Ichy stuff is only about 6 miles west of there.....worth the extra driving

bigjimintp

pet mart in tampa has a nice selection and they have 40% of live stock on saturdays with $50.00 purchase they are on busch and 50th street , amy has the most knowledge of salt and is very nice
:cheer: