Great Lfs!!!

ryan115

I was in my LFS today and was so pleased with what i saw. I have been going to this store for 2 years now and have always been happy there, but today just reinforced that. There were these 2 girls in the store buying damsels, well their tank, a 44g, has been set up for 2 days with 3 pieces of LR and who knows what else. Well the employee, was standing there telling the girls to take it slow and wait for it to cycle. But the girls insisted on buying them anyways. Come to find out the girls will now have close to 15 damsels in this tank. The employee cant just tell them no, that she wont sell them, but it just made me smile to know that there are fish stores out there that are trying to do the right thing and let people know what is really going to happen. They have steared me away from making bad choices several times. Any one else have heart warming stories from their own LFS?

cubb

I went into my favorite LFS once, looked around, and decided to get a Flame Angel. The owner of the place told me that if I wait till tomorrow, all the flames would be on sale. He had quite a lot. I did and he saved me 10 bucks. I thought that was pretty cool.

-CuBB

fishmamma

I am lucky to have a great LFS too. Unfortunatly they were not my first aquarium source, but now that I found them they have pointed me in the right direction many times and have advised against the purchase of unsuitable stock as well. When you want to purchase a fish/invert they actually ask what else inhabits your tank.....BRILLIANT! It is nice to frequent a place that cares about their stock.

salsa

I also have a great LFS. They are very concerned with starting the tank up correctly and not rushing to put fish in. In addition, they have helped me decide what can go with what. When I bring in water samples, if there is a level that is off, they won't let me get any fish. Prices are higher then online, but the knowledge and concern they have are worth it. :joy:

buzzword

I have 2 great LFS here in Denver. The newest one is oowned and operated by 2 men that have worked at the aquarium and zoo here as well as many of the other LFS's and got tired of poor quality and limited supplies of corals and fish. They want you to do it right and are willing to show you and give you the info to do things right. If anyone wants to know where they are just e-mail me at buzzy87@comcast.net