great macro of my new giant green clove.

maxalmon

Nice photo!.....Green cloves are good corals to have, they grow fairly fast, look really interesting and everybody want to buy or trade them....good job...

reefkprz

Originally Posted by larryndana
awesome find for free, what kind of camera do you use?
nikkon coolpix S50, paid for by various SWF.com members.

maxalmon

Are you using a tripod? If not, try and do a test with and without using one, you'll see a huge difference in image quality, pumps off, clean the glass on the inside of the tank really good, try and not aim down thru the glass, keep the camera lens and glass parallel. Might have to postion the coral in the tank so that you can stage the shot. If the camera doesn't have a connection for a tripod, use the timer feature and rest the camera on stable surface.

larryndana

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
nikkon coolpix S50, paid for by various SWF.com members.
lol
yeah, i'm ready for some frags of the green clove you just got, lol.

mie

Are you serious?

Yes i am... looks like some types of xenia clusters from a distance..... but still beautiful

reefkprz

Originally Posted by maxalmon
Are you using a tripod? If not, try and do a test with and without using one, you'll see a huge difference in image quality, pumps off, clean the glass on the inside of the tank really good, try and not aim down thru the glass, keep the camera lens and glass parallel. Might have to postion the coral in the tank so that you can stage the shot. If the camera doesn't have a connection for a tripod, use the timer feature and rest the camera on stable surface.

I dont have a tripod yet. I am either going to buy or build one eventually. I was thinking of getting several locking swivels and making an arm type fixture that I can hang from my tank. so I wont be held away from the tank when I shoot by the span of the tripod legs. I like being able to have the camera right up to the glass.

maxalmon

I dont have a tripod yet. I am either going to buy or build one eventually. I was thinking of getting several locking swivels and making an arm type fixture that I can hang from my tank. so I wont be held away from the tank when I shoot by the span of the tripod legs. I like being able to have the camera right up to the glass.
You can get a cheap tripod for $10, It's what I use...The key to detailed pictures is movement and vibration reduction. Couple weeks ago I handheld the camera and now I can't take a pic with out the tripod. You can tilt the tripod towards the glass pretty easy....

reefkprz

Originally Posted by andy51632
Can you give me your system specs for your coral QT tank?
10g tank aquaclear 30 HOB (I establish the sponge in my DT's sump) coralife 2x65watt pc. 100w heater.no sand no rocks. thats it.

reefkprz

Originally Posted by maxalmon
The key to detailed pictures is movement and vibration reduction.
and having a really nice camera

nigerbang

WOW....Good looking pic and coral...Lemme know when you get ready to frag it...Be it in a blender or X-acto