Greatly disappointed

florida joe

While I do not make it a habit to bad mouth on line suppliers. In this case I feel I must say something. I received my $170. Plus order today from saltwaterfish. Part of the order was a 5X frag pack for approximately $60. These were definitely NOT $60. Worth of frags. Perhaps $15 and that’s a stretch. Live and learn. I certinly have no problum posting a pick of my 5 frags BUT as a member of this site for a long time i will not embarise them

florida joe

Ok here is the picture of the FIVE pack i recieved. The penny will give you a size reference, notice of of the frags is that round thing you see to the left of the penny

Attachments

bang guy

JOE!! You put copper next to your corals? What are you thinking?

But yeah, those are tiny frags. Reminds me of another "company" that used to sell "aquacultured" frags.

florida joe

Bang my old and trusted friend, thanks for keeping me sharp. Actually i use that penny for size comparisons. it has been sprayed with a clear coat acrylic. I actually test it every now and then for copper leaching. As far as the frags yes for $59.99 they are so not worth it. BTW i am sure you know saltwater-fish has moved from Florida to California

bang guy

Much relieved :cool:

Why not just use a Nickel?

Lots of changes since you went on leave. It's GREAT to see you back.

2quills

Meh, they look like pieces I see in the $10 frag section at my local stores.

$12 a piece is a bit of a stretch. Considering you bought 5 then $45 for all would seem more appropriate to me. But it sounds like you bought more then that.

Ordering online is always a gamble in my experience.

Nothing like hand picking your pieces that you can observe before you buy. And if I spent $170 at my local place I know they'd have hooked me up with a deal.

What's the thing to the left of the penny, below the zoas?

florida joe

My friend your guess is as good as mine to what that is. considering i made this perchese in good fath with saltwaterfish and I made it a point to say i was a member of this forum I would think they would make sure i was happy. Not so. I am sure they
Monitor this site I am interested in their response

2quills

I'm not sure how well they monitor the forum.

I'd email them and express my concern. Perhaps they will hook you up with a replacement for the round thingy and maybe throw in something extra. Who knows?

If Lois, were here she be getting something back out of this lol.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
They do not monitor the forum much. I was not aware of them moving to Calif. as no notification was given to us long-term mods, unless Guy knows more than me about that. Perhaps you should send ladyreefseeker a PM with link here. I just checked that out in the store section, and there is no mention of size of frags. Also, there is a section there for customer reviews; perhaps that would be a good place to provide feedback regarding your experience.

florida joe

Will do Beth, as far as SWF moving to California the only way I became aware was in conversation with a representative on the phone. i asked him how was the rain on his side of our state. he replied oh we are no longer located in Fl we are now in California

deton8it

They are still in Florida but they drop-ship from California. All the photos in the EIBI section are actually pictures from Sea Dwelling Creatures. I learned this a few months ago when I posted a screen shot of a coral on facebook and asked a question about the coral. One of the replies was "where did you get my picture"? The person asking that question works for Sea Dwelling Creatures. I told him where I got it and he said ok that is fine. We ship for them.

jay0705

I have a lfs that gets live stock from sea dwelling, I've never been impressed with there stock

beth

Administrator
Staff member
They are still in Florida but they drop-ship from California. All the photos in the EIBI section are actually pictures from Sea Dwelling Creatures. I learned this a few months ago when I posted a screen shot of a coral on facebook and asked a question about the coral. One of the replies was "where did you get my picture"? The person asking that question works for Sea Dwelling Creatures. I told him where I got it and he said ok that is fine. We ship for them.
Good to know they are still in FL, home state for me. Moving a fish bus. across the country might be an undertaking, specially since I believe SWF has a good size facility.

deejeff0442

I bought the same frag pack a year ago . Got the same sizes.
Compared to the lfs here I was ok with them. I got a decent frag from a lfs and paid 60 for it. Now 8 months later and 4 out of 5 died. Not good. My other corals are doing great