Green Algae growing on tank..(no pics) need help

thedj

My tank is a 72 bow front. Its been running for about 3 months now. For the majoity of those 3 months I was using NO lights and a couple of weeks ago I bought VHO. About a week before I purchased the VHO I noticed a Green algae starting to grow on all of my rocks and bed. Since I have put in the new lighting the green and spread all troughout the tank(wall, rock, and bed). It looks like the rocks are just turning green, not much as far as vertical growth, but green. It does not scrape off easily either, is this cyano or coriline algae? I have notice over the past few weeks that the pinks and purples of coraline have started to bloom, but the green is the majority. Any input would be great on this.
Ian
P.S. My paramiters are AMO-0 Nitrite-0 Nitrate-0 PH 8.3 temp 78 deg. I do not have a skimmer yet(building one), should be done by end of year. GPH is about 1200. Calcium 380( cant keep that up at 450)going to build a calcium reactor after the skimmer is done. Anyways I have been adding some strontium and iodide since a week ago to help the coline bloom.

thedj

Its hard to say, when its on the rocks it just feels like Im tuching rock. Glass is more slimy.

T

tulip89

If it lookes like this.. Calupera .. The only way to get rid of it is by hand... :thinking:

thedj

ITS POSSIBLE, IF THAT IS WHAT i HAVE, THEN I HAVE A VERY THIN COAT. ALSO, MINE IS A MUCH LIGHTER GREEN.