Green Algie.....errrrr

mike347

I wrote this in someones post last night to take care of their algae needs I now pass the same torch to you ( Go USA ) I think it may help you out. What worked for me scarlet hermit crabs good all around cleaners, emerald crab small, bubble algae eater so they say I had a big emerald and it seemed aggressive keep an eye on this guy as it grows. fighting Conch snails what can I say just great at cleaning sand and eating brown diatom algae, Key word MEXICAN turbo snails Watch out hair algae and cyanobacteria or red slime and even red hair algae that many people have never seen, but I have, these guys are a must Trust Me. Nassarious snails rumor has it that they don't eat algae as once thought but the funny thing is I see them grazing on the glass which leads me to think different what I can tell you for sure they help in cleaning things that have died and uneaten food as well also they stir the gravel big time by submerging themselves in it. Cleaner shrimp, just thought I would put him in don't want to make him feel left out but the cleaner is good at cleaning other things like fish. The crew I just mentioned has left my tank with no algae I’m actually thinking of running my lights briefly longer to get some back but I must tell you the greens and purples look so nice when the algae is gone. I didn't mention how many of each i had, reason because no one knows your tanks needs like you and if you buy some and you feel you need more you can always add. Good Luck