Green Bubble Anemone under rock ledge

Happy Friday,

I have a question I put a green bubble Anemone in my tank 8/31 he of course moved form weher I wanted him but he moved to the underside of a rock. He kinda stretches out enought to get a little light but not really. I have a little nemo in the tank but he doesn't care to host. I have a seaba in the same tank he also moved but he is at the back of the tank on the sand floor he has been in the tank for about 2mnths. Should I try to move him(green bubble) or try to move his rock or will he move on his own?

btldreef

They usually move on their own and trying to move them usually ends in disaster. What lighting do you have? Have you attempted to lure it out by feeding? How old is the tank?

Good morning BTLDreef,
I feed sun corals (Tubastrea) frozen mysis and brine with a little syringe to them and because he is upside down I have tried to shoot a little at him of both types of food and the wow, the tentacles shrink and I can see a big white center ( I think I made him mad) I thought about trying silver side. I have a seabae in the tank who has been there for all most 3 months now he moved to the bottom back side of the tank and I have never really seen him take food but he can get the light. The green bubble can't get any light under his rock. The tank is about 8 months old with Marineland LED Reef capable. Any suggestions???

btldreef

Personally, I don't like those lights. I know they say "reef capable", but they're really not capable of high light demanding corals and anemones.

tthemadd1

The biggest issue is these are animals that are able to move on their own, will feed when hungry, and are photosensitive. If they need light they will find it, food they will find it as well. How big is the tank? How much flow? Powerheads?
Anemones can live for hundreds of years, split and reproduce at will. Give it time and look into better lighting. Vega. Hydras. Etc.
Good luck.

Okay I work on changeding the lighting. I did put it close to the top of the tank close to the lights thinking it would like it, guess not. My other anemone moved to the back bottom of the tank. The tank is 125g with 2 powerheads 1 is 850mph and the other one is 1150mph. with a return mag drive 950. Thanks for the help.

Okay I work on changeding the lighting. I did put it close to the top of the tank close to the lights thinking it would like it, guess not. My other anemone moved to the back bottom of the tank. The tank is 125g with 2 powerheads 1 is 850mph and the other one is 1150mph. with a return mag drive 950. Thanks for the help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLDreef http:///t/396293/green-bubble-anemone-under-rock-ledge#post_3530833
Personally, I don't like those lights. I know they say "reef capable", but they're really not capable of high light demanding corals and anemones.

bummer, they are pretty adn the timer is awesome but I'll work on changing them down the road. I did put this guy close to the top of the tank under the lights but he didn't like it. My other one I did the same with but he also moved to the back bottom where he gets very little light. Thanks for helping

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLDreef http:///t/396293/green-bubble-anemone-under-rock-ledge#post_3530833

bummer, they are pretty adn the timer is awesome but I'll work on changing them down the road. I did put this guy close to the top of the tank under the lights but he didn't like it. My other one I did the same with but he also moved to the back bottom where he gets very little light. Thanks for helping