Green Bubbles on LR

I have little green bubbles growing on my LR ... I know this is a "form" of algae, but what will eat the bubbles and get rid of it ?

nudibranch

Emerald's are supposed to do the job. We had a break out at my old LFS job, it took me a while but I just siphoned them out. Whatever you do don't pop/break them.

donmgicwon

Originally posted by Nudibranch
EmeWhatever you do don't pop/break them.

You know that urge you get when you see a zit or bubble wrap, I get the same thing when I look at valonia.:D

col

Took my emerald crab back to LFS after a week as it never touched bubble algae but was munching on Corraline.
Sometimes they are easier to pick off when they get a bit bigger. Try gently twisting them .
If they are stuck in crevices then you have no choice. Just hope that the spores land somewhere easy to pick them off later.

nudibranch

Originally posted by donmgicwon
You know that urge you get when you see a zit or bubble wrap, I get the same thing when I look at valonia.:D

Well start popping them and you'll be able to do it ALL THE TIME
!! LOL j/k

donmgicwon

Originally posted by col
Took my emerald crab back to LFS after a week as it never touched bubble algae but was munching on Corraline.

Why? They are still cool even if they don't eat the valonia, plus I heard that their munching on coralline actually helps it spread.

col

Why? They are still cool even if they don't eat the valonia, plus I heard that their munching on coralline actually helps it spread.
Because it was eating the corraline far quicker than it could spread. It was stripping patches of rock overnight - that would take weeks or even months to grow back.