green bubbles

sneedo

Need help I have green bubbles taking over my tank I have cleaned and scraped them off but they return worse what is this and what can I use to get rid of them?

q

Bubble algea. If you pop them you release more spores. You can syphon the algea off the rock or take the rock out and clean it.
Emarald crabs will also help but you need to find the source of the nutrients.
Tell us what you tank set-up is and your water parameters.

sneedo

My tank is 50 gal wet dry sump, 10,000k metal halide,lots of pink corline everywhere,
calcium 400 ppm
I have been adding lots of kalkwasser and keeping the ph on the high side. but nothing seems to work.

josh

Bubble algae is a pain. Whatever you do don't pop it! Carefully take it out and get yourself some emerald crabs. YOu might check the phosphate level, if high do a phosphate sponge treatment, that should help.

wamp

bubble algea sucks.. Just thought i would say that.. like everyone said.. Mithrax crabs will eat it if there is no other food source.. Good Luck.. I can feel your pain.. :(

lilmojo79

Bubble algae does suck! Just wanted to get in on it. Yeah I have some in my tank. I started using RO(reverse osmosis) water from Walmart and got some Emeralds. This was two weeks or so ago and the emeralds have eaten at least half of the population of bubble algae! Emeralds are great! :D

predator

I agree with everybody.Get some emeralds,check your phosphates and if needs be get a phosphate spounge.Are you using ro water or tap?Tap causes high posphates