Green Candy Cains

tyr-sog

I hear everyone say they are rare but I see them every know and then here in the Detroit area. Actually a wholesaler/petstore carries quit a few of them in stock always.
Anyways, this is one of my oldest and most favorite corals. It has went from 10 heads to 13 in 10 months.
Lets see all of them out there.

tyr-sog

Here's a full tank shot to show the size and brilliance of the coral. The small photo really does it no justice on showing how this coral really glows though.
It's actually tough to take a picture of it because it almost seems to blue because of it brightness.

nm reef

...these are my favorites...teal green in real life. Bought them real cheap...they were nearly dead when I got them.

tony detroit

I think I payed 18 a polyp in may. Started with 2 polyps, now have three and the one has two centers soon to be 4 polyps.
Tyr-sog did you get your frag from Tropicorium?

tyr-sog

No Ocean in Seas for like $35 a yr/ago. When I first got it it almost just looked like a branch with several heads dipped about a inch into some floresence paint. There was no puffiness to them at all. They are a different type od cane to compared to all those others. More branching then being compact like some of the others.
I'll try to get a picture ofthem at night when the heads recede.

tyr-sog

At first in my 46gal bowfront I had JBJ power compacts. 1x96w-10K and 1x96w blue. Now in my 125gal I have VHOs.
Mine thrived with the Power Compacts.

nm reef

Actually they are tolerant of assorted lighting sources...they can be very hardy and often do well in low lighting as well as intense. Mine seem to prefer a moderate current...moderate lighting...and stable water chemistry. I'd think that with decent moderate lighting they'd be fine. There was a COTW on these a long time ago...try the search feature for COTW and see if you can locate it.:thinking:

tyr-sog

Yeah I agree, mine seem to thrive in moderate current and at about mid-tank with VHOs. I use to feed them silversides but haven't in months and they are doing better then ever. IMO they are extremely hardy. They lived in a immature tank when I first got them and when I moved to a 125gal tank lived through a mini cycle unphased.