Green carpet anenomes

thehat

I am wondering about them. I want to put one in mine tank. How hard are they what will eat them. How much light etc etc....
I have a cinnamon clown

[hr]
trigger
purple tang
Flame Hawkfish
And a porcupine puffer (which I am gonna get rid of) I think they would eat it right?
And a zebra moray eel.
I already have two huge bubble corals and a regular anenome in the tank that everyone leaves alone

cc0905

I had one for about a year and a half, had to sell it when I moved, nothing seemed to bother it, I fed it silversides,brine, and krill about once a week, they tend to roam until they find a spot they like, depending on it's size, they can knock things over until they get settled ... lol

timsedwards

Yes (not trying to steel this thread:p ) but I also wondered and was going to start a thread myself! What requirements do they have etc?
Tim.

steveweast

Carpets are generally hard to keep for long periods. They require high light, strong to moderate current (to remove their waste), and frequent feedings (I feed mine every two to three days. They can, and will, eat fish, although mine has never eaten one in the two years that I've had him. They tend to stay put once they find a spot that they like...and the spots that they like are generally at the base of rocks in at least 4 inches of sand. Here's mine: