green carpet

tank a holic

when lights are on he looks like this

as soon as i turned them out (tonight not nights before) he did this

20 mineutes later its back to normal
what gives?

btldreef

My RBTA in my 14G does this EVERY night.
If I remember correctly, you just added this, right? It's probably still acclimating. But from personal experience, some just do this.

drtito

Did you tomato clown notice the anemone yet ?
Also where did you get the white "king rex" fish ?

reking37

I have one of these and have had it about a year and this is totally normal behavior.
I have 3 clowns.. A skunk,true perc, false perc and they have no thoughts of bonding with it.

tank a holic

Originally Posted by DrTITO
http:///forum/post/3190119
Did you tomato clown notice the anemone yet ?
Also where did you get the white "king rex" fish ?
clown hasn't messed with it yet

king rex??? the pic thows the tomato, a LMB and an anthias I have
Originally Posted by reking37

http:///forum/post/3190447
I have one of these and have had it about a year and this is totally normal behavior.
I have 3 clowns.. A skunk,true perc, false perc and they have no thoughts of bonding with it.
welcome to the boards
3 different clowns in same tank? are they peaceful? is that the only nem you have?

No worries tank, he'll go to it ;) And that's completely normal behavior for anemones, they get part of their nutriants from the light remember, so at night when there is none they close up sometimes, he's also still acclimating.
Here's something you could try to maybe speed up the process of introducing your clown to the anemone. If you hand feed (I do and thus have a rediculously ppl friendly tank) do it over the anemone. That will get him used to being in close proximity to it. I feed frozen food and that really helps because I can control where it goes. If you try it let me know how it goes and good luck!

tank a holic

I'd be kind of nervous for the other fish if i did that, I know green carpets eat fish and know this one has in the past

yes, good point. You could feed them separately but I wouldn't really worry about it, I'm sure your clown will find it eventually ^.^

btldreef

LOL, just chase him in the thing until he stays. It's honestly the only method that I've ever seen really work and it's worked out quite well for me. My fish fear the fish net, so I chased them into the nem using it. They've never left it since.

nuro

that type of carpet likes a deeper substrate. they busry their foot in the sand and attatche to the glass instead of the rocks. what hes attempting to do is busry himself for night time but due to the lack of substrate it isnt possible.

lol because I've seen that in all possibilities there's only one outcome
There's a plethora of different ways to get your fish in the anemone, it's really only a question of time and patience.
Btw, you can increase the sand bed but don't move the anemone, they have surprising personality with likes and dislikes and believe me, they'll settle where they want to. Moving them only makes them take longer to acclimate.
Also, while chasing a fish with a net might have results (and I'm not saying it's a bad idea) I am concerned that if it's never seen an anemone and you chase it into one of the more aggressive and severe anemones your clownfish might get stung or eaten. This has happened before (never in my case but I've read this many times). Carpets are extremely sticky and have a more severe sting than others. Clownfish possess a certain level of tolerance to them already but they have to build it up further for something like a carpet.
This is just my opinion and it could very well be pointless worrying for nothing but I wanted to at least tell you so you could keep it in mind.

btldreef

Originally Posted by Psychic_Alice
http:///forum/post/3192041
Also, while chasing a fish with a net might have results (and I'm not saying it's a bad idea) I am concerned that if it's never seen an anemone and you chase it into one of the more aggressive and severe anemones your clownfish might get stung or eaten. This has happened before (never in my case but I've read this many times). Carpets are extremely sticky and have a more severe sting than others. Clownfish possess a certain level of tolerance to them already but they have to build it up further for something like a carpet.
This is just my opinion and it could very well be pointless worrying for nothing but I wanted to at least tell you so you could keep it in mind.
Just chase them around it, don't hold the net over the nem with the fish inside. Definitely understand your concern. Good point to bring up

BTW, did you ever figure out what kind of blenny you have? If not, PM me a message w/ a pic of it

tank a holic

update
I went on a scouting mission and crawled under my tank and saw the nem's foot stuck to the glass today so he indeed left the rock he was on and found his spot

nuro

if you can throw soem rock around it, it may be happier. also, be forwarned this is one of the more aggresive anemones, meaning it will eat just about anything it wants to. while i have seen clowns take to them, be careful. if you try to force it near the anemone expect it to be eaten.
before i got rid of mine it had eaten a jawfish, a butterfly fish, 2 angel fish and more crabs then i can count. also: my clowns never went near the thing, i think they knew.

tank a holic

yeah, this nem has a history of eating, I'd like to see the clown host it but if not I got a lot of room for a rbta on the other side of the tank