Green cotton hair algae

wetone

I have had a hair algae problem recently that some large water changes, reduced lighting and some scrubbing have helped remove. I do have some rock with green algae growing that looks "puffy" like cotton. I have 0 nitrates and 0 phos. My PH is at 8.1 and DKH is around 11, my calc is a little low around 325. MY LFS also confirmed the 0 nitrates and phosephates, as well as in my RO/DI water supply.
I have an air powered CC skimmer, that I want to replace after XMAS. My LFS said the TDS reading of my water was around 415, too high and my skimmer isn't cutting it.
Anything I can do or add to curb this for now?
Is a new skimmer (PM BUllet 1) the answer?
I have a 75G with 100lbs LR, 40 gal of sump with more LR and 4" DSB in the sump. THere are mix of LPS and SPS that are all doing great. I have 4 fish......I have some blue legs and turbo snails in there now
Thanks

wetone

Thats what I'm thinking about....can you tell me more opinions about sally lightfoot or emerald crabs etc??

nicenakago

if you want it gone... pick up 2 or 3 sally's - The emeralds will eat it... but not as efficiently as a sally.
My LFS is out of sally's right now, and has been for 2 months!

nicenakago

if you want it gone... pick up 2 or 3 sally's - The emeralds will eat it... but not as efficiently as a sally.
My LFS is out of sally's right now, and has been for 2 months!