Green Finger Leather isn't right.

azocean709

I have a green finger leather...pretty good size. I have fragged it several times and has always done really well. This past week and a half the polyps have not come out on it, and it looks alittle shrunken. Is this normal every now and again? no other corals are acting strange,
Corals:
Xenia,
yellow gargonian,
open brain,
purple mushrooms,
yellow polyps,
torch coral,
long tentical plate,
water:
8.3 ph
alk. 4.4
calcium. 450
mag. 1350
strontium 10
iodine. 4
trates. 1
amm. 0
phosphates. 0
temp. 80.2 stays between 78- 81.
I tested for copper.....none
i drip kalk, and add no other additives but the strontium every now and again when it is needed.
everything seems to be fine with my water. I test it every week and it is the same I use salifert and seachem drop tests,. My lighting is 2, 175 watt ushio MH. They are about a month old, I acclimated the tank to the lights when i switched also. its just that the green finger has clamed up and i don't know why. any info would be greatly apprieciated. thanks

azocean709

i would test for that but don't have that tester....and don't see how that could get into my water in the first place.

jonnywater

Look at the areas where you clipped parts off.....is there any discoloring of weird patterns forming? I know that I fragged my finger leather and kenya tree a few times and the 4th or 5th time it went into shock. The kenya is only coming out of it after around 2 weeks.

azocean709

Originally Posted by jonnywater
Look at the areas where you clipped parts off.....is there any discoloring of weird patterns forming? I know that I fragged my finger leather and kenya tree a few times and the 4th or 5th time it went into shock. The kenya is only coming out of it after around 2 weeks.
I haven't fragged the lil dude for awhile...I looked...the arms i cut off ore healed over. / this is the time i wish i had a camera.. maybe i can explain it this way.... ya know after your lights go off....an hour later everything is closed up....thats what the leather looks like.. <all the time now>I dont see any deterioration of any extremedies. its just shrunk up. got me through a loop...i don't know whats' wrong, if anything. but it is gonna be comin up on 2 weeks like this. even after i acclimated it from the LFS the polyps were out with in the hour...i just don't know.