Green Growth

marie1101

I have not signed in for awhile, but I have noticed a slight green growth almost yellow florescent. It is growing on the ornaments and the live rock as well. 4 months ago, when I added the new fish from SWF I changed thier diet. I deleted the brine shimp, went to silversides, Marine Cuisine and Mysosis shrimp. I also add one romaine lettuce a leaf a night, which they eat. Between the Picasso Trigger and the Dog Face Puffer they get 1 1/2 silversides a night. I have now been told that I cannot add attachements to show you the pictures. Does anyone have any idea what this new growth may be and if so, is it bad for the aquarium. All my levels are normal. I just rechecked tonihgt!
Any advice would be helpful.
Thank you.

marie1101

This is all I have. It has started to go up to the back glass as well. Last night I cleaned everything and again the levels were normal. Any suggestions would be very helpful. All fish appear to be healthy. Thanks!

deton8it

It kind of looks like red slime algae that is green instead of red. Red slime can come in many different colors.
John

marie1101

I used to have a tone of red slime but 4 months ago when I bought the SWF I also bought 3 Mexican snails and a pencil urchin. They leaned all the red off. Because it is a different color does it make a difference as far as being a danger?

deton8it

No it's the same stuff just a different color. Does it look like the red slime you had before? Same consistency, texture etc...
John

marie1101

No it actually isn't as thick as the red and appears a lot lighter. Thanks for the information. At least I have a starting point now