green lr??

jerth6932

Originally Posted by chadman
i didnt check them yet...only my salinity which was not changed of course....but yeah i am going to check in a minute i have just been watching the grammy's
My hater was watching those, but decided she didn't like who was winning and changed it! How long ago did you change it?

jerth6932

haha...maybe an hour or two ago
good stuff are ya going to do weekly 10% water changes?

jerth6932

yeah thats what i was thinking...every sunday....u said u do them weekly right?
yep less to have to mess with, less water, less mixing, less over all!! And the minerals and trace elements are replenished weekly!!!

chadman

yeah it only takes five minutes to do a water change....how sooon did u start putting your corals in your tank?

jerth6932

yeah it only takes five minutes to do a water change....how sooon did u start putting your corals in your tank?
I only waited 3 weeks My tank was done cycling in like 2 weeks, and I put a toadsool leather in my tank! Doing very well!!!

jerth6932

your tank only took two weeks to cycle....wowee!! do the corals need direct flow on them?
Some do and some do not, what types of corals do you want for your tank? what are you looking for? My faves are Zoo's, Ricordia's, and Frogspawn! Those are at the top of my list! All needing something diffrent in terms of lighting and flow! Zoo's like high lighting with a moderate flow, Ricordia do fine in lower lighting with a low flow, and Frog spawn like in medium lighting and medium flow! What types are you looking at?

chadman

i do not know what i want yet...i want some colorful ones! but i want to put one in the front corner of my tank which may not have the strongest flow

chadman

just checked my levels..ammonia is at zero nitrite is at zero and nitrate is at 20...why is my nitrate still high?

chadman

Originally Posted by Jerth6932
put a nice ricordia up there. They have lots of color!!!!
the blue one is the ricordia?

jerth6932

just checked my levels..ammonia is at zero nitrite is at zero and nitrate is at 20...why is my nitrate still high?
by product of nitrite, that is what is made to get rid of the nitrite. But weekly water changes will get rid of those levels for ya!!!! Sounds good!!!!

jerth6932

the orange one, with the blue around the edges! That is the ricordia! When I draw on pix like that I feel like I should be saying stuff like "Boom" (John Madden)

jerth6932

so i shouldn't worry too much about it?
nope it is fine..... it will go away with maintenance

chadman

the orange one, with the blue around the edges! That is the ricordia!
yeah i like that!!

chadman

nope it is fine..... it will go away with maintenance

should i do another water change sooner than a week from now?