Green mushroom help

fishtk75

What is the best way to kill off the green mushrooms off of rock first?
Next tank glass and sand bed?
I ask as I had pump problems and all the fish are all dead. I like to start over as the mushrooms were too much. I took all the rock out. What do I do next please.

tthemadd1

If not gasoline. LOL. You could cut them off with a razor and sell them. Afterwards I would peroxide dip the rocks. Leave it in for about five minutes. Afterwards rinse them in saltwater and should be good to go

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtk75 http:///t/396027/green-mushroom-help#post_3527659
What is the best way to kill off the green mushrooms off of rock first?
Next tank glass and sand bed?
I ask as I had pump problems and all the fish are all dead. I like to start over as the mushrooms were too much. I took all the rock out. What do I do next please.
Put the rock in a double plastic baggie and send it to me. PM me and I will pay for the shipping.
or
Take it to the LFS for a trade, each polyp is worth $$$. The mushrooms growing on glass is easy, just use a plastic scraper to get them to release.

fishtk75

It is too late as sell them or give them as I had the rock out of tank and in the sun they are all dried.

tthemadd1

Yes. As long as it is completely dry it is dead. To be sure hydrogen peroxide straight from the store will work. Used my small 3 gallon tank. Poured about six containers in and then soaked the rock. Afterwards it went back to the tank the set back up.