green mushrooms

cathy joe

awhile back i paid alot of money for a rock with 9 green mushrooms, button anenomies and xenias. i watch all the mushrooms die, and the xenias and buttons spread like crazy. a week ago i noticed a green object the size of a pea appear in the bottom of the tank, could this be a peace of one. it is the same color, but not the shape. is this an odd color for a mushroom, i have not seen anymore for sale

cathy joe

the only description i can give is its round, the size of a pea and no aparent mouth or anything to use to attach its self with. its kinda moving around on the bottom. the mushroom that were on the rock were this color

ratpack

well sometime shrooms dont have a mouth because either they split or one of those shrooms you lost still have some living tissue. you will now in a couple of week if it is a mushroom or no.
why i do to spread shroom i take one and i cut the hell out of it in many pieces, and then i put the in a net with a rock inside. in 2 week the pieces stick to the rock and start growing there mouth.
that might be wat happen with yours

viper_930

If it moves fast enough for you to notice it moving, I doubt it is a mushroom. I have no idea what it could be though.

ratpack

Originally posted by ViPeR_930
If it moves fast enough for you to notice it moving, I doubt it is a mushroom. I have no idea what it could be though.

i miss the part "it is moving in the bootom of teh tank":notsure:

cathy joe

NOT FAST ENOUGH TO SEE IT MOVE. IT MOVE ACROSS IT TANK OVER A PERIOD OF A WEEK. MAYBE ITS NOT MOVING ITS BEING PUSHED BY THE CURENT? IS THIS A COMMON COLOR OF A MUSHROOM?