green spotted puffer

boozzbro

is this a marine fish or a brackis fish. I saw one being sold as a purely saltwater fish and i must say he didnt look good. I had thought they were brackish. am i wrong or is there a saltwater version of the green spotted puffer?

cagrn

Originally Posted by PorkyPuff
brackish then enter full marine as adults
Don't the majority of brackish fish follow that progression?

boozzbro

so pet stores can just switch them to saltwater or do they wait unitl they are adults and change the salinity gradually.

threed240

Originally Posted by boozzbro
so pet stores can just switch them to saltwater or do they wait unitl they are adults and change the salinity gradually.
I think you can slowly acclimate them even at a younger age. Like you said, just slowly change the salinity.

gnorman

it means a little bit of salt. ie 1 TB spoon per 5 gallons. i have a FW tank with a leopard puffer along with other fish that arnt brackish and they all are doing well

boozzbro

my buddy used to have a brackish barracuda. That water needed about 10 tsp per gallon. And it was mean as hell and awesome.

jon321

Originally Posted by ImUrNamine
So what about the Figure-8 puffer, or is that the same thing?
Figure 8's are mildly brackish, closer to fresh water than full marine.
Jon

imurnamine

Ohhh, cool.
I don't really pay much attention to freshwater fish, they're boring to me.
But I just LOVE those little puffs.

gryphyn

spotted greens are cuties from hell they look sweet and innocent but turn your back and they will eat everything that fits in their mouth. Also they will kill all your other fish with ease.

boozzbro

yea he looked real cool i was going to grab him up but he looked kind of off and when i asked the guy to feed him he woudlnt eat. Its a shame becasue hes an awsome looking fish.