green star polyp falling apart

badkjb2

ive had it for a few months. now it is pulling away from the rock. there are very few that open anymore. my levels are all good, but my calcium was a little high. can anyone help?

T

thomas712

Yea Like kipass says, post levels, include iodine and any additives. Lighitng type, wattage, age.
Thomas

badkjb2

,my reading are ammonia, nitrates,and nitrates, all 0. calcium 450-500, are salinityy,1.021. i dont have an iodine test kit. and i was adding alot for a while. but i havent added any in a few weeks now. my lighting is 2 40watt, 1 90 watt, and 1 10,000 actnic. it is a 55 gallon tank thanks

nightraven

I am curious on this one as well. I have a GSP rock that the polyps have been staying retracted more than extended. I had a new addition to my tank and the problem seems to have begun since then. I added Xenia and began dosing 1 drop of Lugol's solution (diluted in one cup of tank water prior to addig to tank as per the directions) once weekly. Amm, Trite at 0, Trates at 20 (can't get them down), phosphates at 0, KH 100, Calcium 480, Dose Tech Calcium Daily, Coral Vital Daily (1ml each), DT's every three days (1ml), SG 1.024

nightraven

mine is in direct light of 60Watts NO Flourescent (20 Actinic) and is directly below one of my powerheads so the flow would be from the powerhead that is almost pointed directly at it from the other side of the tank and from the flow stemming from being fairly clost to the intake of the powerhead on the same side of the tank.
In the attached pic my GSP Rock is in the same place but there is a powerhead that is back in the tank where the clownfish is in the picture (I had the PH out for cleaning when the pic was taken.)

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Why don't you try moving it around in different spots to see if that helps. Is it is direct current where you have it? Sometimes you can't really tell if the current is too harsh, except by putting your hand in there and seeing if it is getting direct hits.