Green Star Polyp not opening

I

intdes

I got my first coral, a green star polyp frag. The guy at my LFS mentioned that it probably won't open for a few days due to him fragging it. I understand that, however, it was open the first day home. A little more open the second day. Then something knocked it off the rock I had it on. (I didn't glue it down because I didn't know where a good location for it was...) It ended up sitting upside down on the sand overnight and hasn't opened since. It has been about 3 days and it's back in the original location. It's still purple and I don't want to mess with it if I don't need to. However, I read that they don't like to be dirty and some people said they had to brush theirs off to get it to open. Should I just wait?
Also, how do I secure it to the rock without it being permanent, in case I need to relocate it later?
Thanks!

I

intdes

FINALLY! This afternoon I come home and it's been knocked off the rock again, so I used the putty glue to adhere it to the rock where it was opening the first day. I walked away for a couple hours and upon inspection, one polyp was open. About thirty minutes later, and a second one was open. I may need to adjust the powerhead near it as the two that opened are the closest to the powerhead.